February 10, 2012

Deciding on your photographer.. Goes beyond pricing.


This week's blog is brought to you by a thought... {QUALITY}


Great clients deserve great work delivered to them... 


Most times, {US} photographers {ones owning a business} face the never ending dilemma of pricing... However it is necessary to offer fair pricing with no need to compromise decisions to give the work away.


A question then arises....Do you go to the supermarket and purchase that coffee you love so much in the morning for nothing? Do you buy the coffee that isn't the one you love, because it is cheaper? Or do you make that small sacrifice to get that ONE coffee you love so much, because you know it is worth the money? 


A fellow photographer and I were discussing photos we came across and we thought how terrible it is to sacrifice what you will get for what you will pay... My truly smart friend photographer has a great philosophy and that is: "Don't let bad pictures happen to you" and the matter is that most people usually do... 


How can the compromise of a small effort to pay for those photos sustain the justification for that investment?  Just that! It is an investment you make to have a truly responsible photographer create and capture those memories that will be produce ONCE and not wished to have done just that the first time around.


Also, came across a post on Facebook and read like this... "True story: A lady called me crying today because she had just received her 'final/edited' photographs taken by another "Boudoir" photographer. She asked me if there was anything I can do to help her re-edit them. She said the photographer seemed inexperienced and lacked direction during her shoot but that she was hoping the final images would say otherwise" {From PinMeUpPhotography}- We all think that is important to do your research... Speak to your photographer before entertaining the thought of a photo session based on what you are getting for your hard earned money. If the product is right, the money is never an issue... You will make that sacrifice, the same way you will do for that delicious cup of coffee in the morning...


I might throw specials and discounts, but your product will be delivered at the highest quality... Because I can guarantee that you will be utterly happy with the experience and with what your eyes will see...

I had to blog on this matter, because many of the requests I receive begin with a: "what is the cost of a session"  made me think of  the importance your sessions have in my world and my world to be what you request of me and my services. My work reveals what I will present and I could never shoot anything that I didn't think was show worthy...

Have a photograph speak to you everytime... You may decide of hiring photography services, regardless of who you are researching... YOU will know exactly what you want and how a photograph envisions {YOU} to others!

Photography is a true labor of love and passion for what I do!

Allie Miller
AMillerFoto- Photography